Monday, September 16, 2013

Family Safe from DC Shooting

In the middle of the campaign today, I took a station break. The shooting had hit too close to home, as I have many family and friends who work in the Washington DC area.

First text hit the mark. The brother of one employee had not heard from his brother. I assured him that he shortly would. AND, within 15 minutes he got that call! His younger brother was not only fine, but was no longer working at that location AND - had taken the day off!

Another relative works for a DC charter school. Yes, he text me back, their school was on lockdown. I passed that message on to other family.

I thought of many ways to celebrate: a cold glass of wine and popcorn or, just some water while I meditated.

I had the water. I mediated. I prayed. And remember sorrowfully that someone's family member will not be home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment